• All group fitness classes on the schedule are open to all members and are included in your monthly membership dues with the exception of Pilates Reformer.
• There are classes at a variety of intensity levels as well as classes for special populations. Try different types of classes as well as different instructors to see which ones meet your needs. The instructor always teaches to all ability levels unless the class is labeled advanced or intermediate. While taking a class you should always workout at your own intensity level. If you are unsure about an exercise, ask the instructor to show you a modification of that exercise.
• It is recommended you arrive 10 minutes early to a cycle class if you are a novice. Additional time is needed to insure you make proper adjustments on the bike. This will assist you in acclimating to the class and is best for your ultimate enjoyment.
• Other classes do not require early arrival, it is imperative that you arrive on time. Never enter a class that has been in progress for 5 minutes or more. Warm up and instructions are essential. Arriving late is disruptive to members and can be dangerous.
• For classes in the studios, you should bring a water bottle and wear comfortable workout clothes including sneakers. All necessary equipment is provided.
• A schedule and description of all classes is available at the front desk. The schedule is adjusted on a regular basis in response to members’ requests and class attendance. Major changes to the schedule occur quarterly. Please check the schedules posted around the center, at the front desk, or on-line weekly to ensure you have the most up to date version. Any changes or information concerning group fitness will be prominently displayed on the group fitness bulletin board.
• Certain classes require a hand stamp, ticket or wristband, which can be obtained at the front desk up to 1 hour prior to the start of the class. This is due to space or equipment limitations.
• All personal belongings should be placed in a locked locker, not in the studio.
• Cell phones are not permitted in any class. If you must answer your cell phone (in case of emergency), please walk to the closest corridor to proceed with your conversation.
For more information on the Center's Group Fitness program, including class times, please click on the Request More Information link.